1. Preheat oven to 350° F.
2. Line muffin pan with nine muffin papers and lightly coat with spray. Set aside.
3. Combine eggs, banana, butter & Almond Extract in a medium bowl; mix well. Set aside.
4. Combine almond flour, Oat flour, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl; mix well.
5. Add almond meal mixture to egg mixture; mix until blended.
6. Add apple; mix until just blended.
7. Divide batter evenly between prepared muffin cups, ¾ full (approx. ¼ cup).
8. Sprinkle granola on top.
9. Bake for 18 to 22 minutes, or until golden brown and toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
10. Transfer muffins to rack; cool.
Do YOU know the MUFFIN MAN?
Apple Banana Almond Oat Muffins
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
1 cup mashed ripe banana (2 medium bananas)
1 Tbsp. real butter, melted
1 tsp Pure Almond Extract
1 cup almond flour (see below to make your own)
1/2 cup Oat Flour (to make, put oats into food processor)
¾ tsp. baking soda, gluten-free
1 dash Himalayan salt
1 cup chopped apple
--for added goodness I take my favorite granola (clean ingredients) and LIGHTLY pulverize in food processor... then sprinkle on top of muffins before baking.
• If you’d like a little more fiber and some omega-3 fatty acids, replace ½ cup of your almond flour with ½ cup of ground flaxseed.
• You can make your own almond flour by processing 1 cup slivered almonds in food processor (or blender with a strong motor). Make sure that you pulse in 20-second intervals to prevent the almonds from turning into almond butter. 1 cup of slivered almonds yields approximately 1 cup of almond flour.
• If you can’t find almond flour in your store, you can look at club stores or online.
Earn it * OWN IT * MAKE IT HAPPEN
Jamie Panziera Fitness